Translate

Thursday, December 11, 2014

5 TRANSFERS IN ONE AREA!! Email 12/8/2014

"Killing off" another comp!

Our "Mexican" picture. People never smile.



Familllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllia!!!

Transfer news is in once again! Im staying!!! Surprise surprise. 5 transfers in this area!! Im actually super happy about it because it would have been hard to spend just one transfer anywhere else... especially with Christmas and everything! Sounds like my companion is going to be Hermana Budge from guess where? LAYTON! but not sure yet.... 99%. She is really sweet and obedient so I couldn't ask for anything more. I have actually served with her a lot and have been her STL for the past 4 transfers.
The Christmas season is definitely underway! They are playing Christmas music in the library as we speak and I'm staring at a giant Christmas tree behind my computer. We got to watch the Christmas devotional last night and it was just incredible. I could kick myself that I missed so many of those before the mission. Did you guys watch it?? My favorite talk was Elder Christofferson. He talked about the condescension of Christ and what that really means. The fact that Christ came down to mortality at all was a form of descension let alone to be born in such humble circumstances. He related it to us and how we also experienced a type of condescension from heaven.. no wonder we are forced to descend below "some" things. Not anything compared to Christ obviously but its descending below those things that allows us to ascend back to god's presence. It was beautiful. I have been so sensitive to the spirit lately Im just always bawling.
We also had one of the most spiritual MLC's i've ever had on the mission. We discussed the connection between sacrifice and sacredness. The reason the sacred grove, martin's cove, and the temple are all so sacred is because of the sacrifices that took place there. The last picture they held up was that of Christ in Gethsemane. That place is the most sacred because the GREATEST sacrifice of all mankind took place there. Everyone was crying in the room the spirit was so thick. We talked about making our missions more sacred. My mission has really been something that I hold soo sacred to me. It has required a lot of sacrifice but ultimately it becomes more of a gift than anything. I am so happy to be a missionary for another Christmas!!! There is nothing like bringing the TRUE meaning of Christmas to everyone 24/7. I love my Savior and I know he lives!!!!! LOVE YOU TOO!!! Really focus on him this Christmas and you will have the most sacred Christmas of your lives too. Have the best week ever!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment