Translate

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"ILLEGAL SURGERY" & BAPTISMS! Email 9/9/2014

What?!!! She's growing horns?



Carmen's baptism day ...Hurray!


FAMILIA!

This week has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We started it off with "killing" Hermana Cederquist last p-day by performing "illegal surgery" (lots of inside jokes involved... but just know it was hilarious!) and then we had MLC for a couple days!! Drove up to Albuquerque with some of my favorite missionaries in the mission (hna pipkin says hi!) and had an incredible meeting!!! We all talked about obedience and consecration in the mission. Its so cool because mlc isn't a "training" its more of a discussion. All of these young women and men gather together and come up with solutions for mission problems. Its like a business meeting almost but PACKED with the spirit. It was super awesome. There has also been a rule change... we are now only allowed to listen to Mormon tabernacle choir and hymns out of the hymn book.... its going to be an adjustment but I have every confidence in the revelation that was received by president. So expect some cds coming home in the next box!! The next day we did our zone training which went awesome!! I love training... never thought I would say that haha.  Ive also realized that if I put spray on every hour the mosquitos don't bite me as much :) got it figured out! Its still pretty darn hot here... cant wait for winter. we have been listening to Christmas music all month haha.
Carmen Urquiza is officially baptized and confirmed!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! it was a very spiritual day. She was crying during the whole service and came up and sincerely thanked us for everything afterwards. That meant a lot to me because she never says stuff like that. She even bore her testimony after she had gotten changed... she said that although the decision she made was difficult, she knows its right. It so is.... I have seen SUCH a change in her! She is a completely different person. Baptisms aren't everything but they sure do make you feel good!
Whelp... pretty much just learning new things each and every day... and every day I get more grateful for this experience I've had. I've just completely changed.... its all because of the atonement. I think that's the biggest thing ive learned so far... is just how real the atonement is. and that change is always possible. The church is true. im so happy. I love you all!!!
Hermana Maxwell




No comments:

Post a Comment