Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

CHANGES AHEAD! Email 9/15/2014

Our District

Makin Cookies...yumm!!

Hey there!

 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PLANNER COVERS. Oh my goodness you have no idea how much that meant to me... that's one of those little things on the mission that is weirdly sentimental. Like its the only thing we get to decorate... and when I opened the letter from Hermana pipkin I about died. I really enjoyed the pictures this week! Kiera looks gorgeous... wow. She has changed a ton!!
Not too much to talk about this week!! Its been pretty slow with lots of goodbyes and packing... Hermana Cederquist is going to leave in 2 hours for Albuquerque... lots of mixed emotions as you can imagine. Im staying here in Montanavista and am going to receive a new companion! Im excited but also really nervous. I seriously just want some consistency in my mission haha.. I’m sick of only spending 6 weeks with people!
Right now as far as investigators go we are really trying to focus on the Nassi family. Both Yuni and Ali got jobs so its been a lot harder to meet with them. They could use some prayers for sure! I don't know really nothing much happened this week. Its been quite a bit cooler which has been SO nice! Lots of contacting in the streets and knocking doors. We tracted into a member family the other day. They let us in, asked where we were from, gave us water and 2 referrals and sent us out the door! I hope I can be a member family like that someday. Carmen has been doing wonderful since her baptism. She is 10x more loving and a lot less stubborn :) the holy ghost is awesome. Its been incredible to see such a change in her!!!
I have been reading this talk called "the fourth missionary" which is soooo incredibly amazing. I would honestly suggest looking it up because it applies to life in general. One thing that really stuck out to me is the concept of unconditionally surrendering our will to God. Our will is really the only thing we give back to him. We only give 10% of our worldly possessions, if we give our time we are only giving part of the time he has given us, if we give our heart, he has already granted us life that day, the air we breathe, EVERYTHING has come from him. The only thing we give back is our WILL. And when we do that, he changes us into a "being" capable of eternal happiness. Its a beautiful thing... the gospel. Isnt it? Im learning so much every day.
Well wish me luck this week. Im gonna need it! I love you all so much... don't ever forget it.

Hermana Maxwell  
PS JUST HEARD GLORIA GOT BAPTIZED FROM MY LAST AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment