Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

10 DIFFERENT COMPANIONS! EMAIL 5/20/2014

MI FAMMMMILIA!

So I'm not going to lie.. this past week has been a liiiitle tough. BUT i have learned more in this week then most weeks of my mission. Its incredible how much heavenly father loves us. I realized more than ever how i simply CANT do this without his help. There were many moments where I felt like I was literally forced to my knees. It grew my testimony a lot of how heavenly father really is our FATHER. out of all the titles to address him... he asks us to address him as father. There is so much meaning behind that I think a lot of us take it for granted. He is the creator of the universe, he knows everything, but we can talk to him as our father. Anyways.. its just beautiful. Things have finally smoothed out a little bit. All week I had a different companion. I think i went through about 10 between members, future missionaries, etc. Hermana standiford still isnt 100% but she has been able to work today and yesterday. Didnt realize how much of a blessing it is to simply work normally!

So quick thought that President sent us today that I thought was interesting. He mentioned how with the brother of Jared Christ touched each stone INDIVIDUALLY. He could have lit them all up at once, but he touched them one by one. Just like he let all the Nephites come and feel the prints one by one and how he blessed the children one by one. I feel that there is so much significance to that. It reminded me of our conversions. Whenever we come close to Christ it is done PERSONALLY. Just like how with my investigators i cant give them my testimony, they have to develop it on their own. Gods plan is for everyone, but he also knows us personally and individually. Amazing. Just thought I'd share that real quick.
Although this week has been crazy it has also been filled with countless miracles. Yurit, who, if i had to pick a favorite investigator, it would be her told us that it is her goal to be baptized in our church :) she is sooo catholic. In fact side note: last night we had dinner with her and i'm pretty sure I have turned Mexican. watch out family! haha I ate dinner with only a tortilla by choice and drank tampico out of a virgin de guadalupe cup. It was awesome. But bottom line...she is really catholic. However as we have taught her I can totally see her changing. She came to church on Sunday and although she got a little bored she loved it! We are helping her give up smoking and she wants us to come over every single day. She has had an incredibly hard life. I just love her sooo much I cant even tell you.
Lucy is still struggling giving up tea but we are working with her. Slowly but surely! Monica has a really busy schedule at the moment and because she is pregnant she is having lots of morning sickness so it is hard to meet with her. Everyone is doing great though and hopefully we will have at least one baptism this transfer. I love being a missionary. I just cant even describe it. There aren’t words to describe missionary work. Best decision of my life.
Love you all more than words can say! Everyone looks so big! Totally freaks me out. Keep being awesome and dont work too hard! Especially mom and dad!  Thanks for being the best family ever. I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!

Hermana Maxwell


No comments:

Post a Comment