Translate

Saturday, April 12, 2014

SIISTER MCKENNA MAXWELL..AKA TRAINER EMAIL 4/8/2014

ON FAR LEFT HNA ADAMS (FRIEND FROM SNOW)
NEXT TO MCKENNA ON LEFT HNA PIPKIN * MCKENNA'S TRAINER

NEW COMPANION * HNA STANDIFORD


HELLO to my favorite people on the planet!,
So Im sure you are all dying to hear how training is going :) Its great!!! Realllly hard. BUT AMAZING. I'm learning a ton about myself, and about how much Heavenly Father loves me. Its a lot of pressure, doing literally 99% of everything plus having to teach constantly how to be a missionary but its incredible and I love my trainee to death. Her name is Hna Standiford and she is from Bakersfield California. She is 19 and was going to school in Virginia before her mission. She is SUPER positive and willing to work. Has A LOT of greenie fire which is amazing. She is a really good singer and actress and actually performed on Broadway once (crazy right?) Her voice coach was also the same guy that coaches David Archuletta. She is really sweet and works hard. Struggles with the language, but we all do. Im just trying my best to be a Christ-like trainer. Im super grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow. She did go to the Mexico MTC (which is soooo different now).
This week has been full of FINDING. We have knocked a bunch of doors trying to find new investigators. Gotten a bunch slammed in our face but its all worth it. It makes me think a lot of the talk Holland gave about defending your faith and being a true disciple of Christ. We have been seeing miracles though as we have worked through it. We recently found a family named Omar and Rosa that have been taught by the missionaries before. Hna Mitchell and I could never catch them at home. They are really nice and are going to let us come teach them. Hopefully everything goes well! Lady is still doing great and should be baptized this month as well as Gilberto. I love the people here.. they are amazing.
It actually rained a couple days this week which was suuuper nice. I miss the rain so so much! OH ANDDDD guess what. TOTALLY got to see hna Pipkin and hna Adams at transfers which was amazing. Hna Adams is now in my zone!!! yay!!! hna Pipkin tried to sneak up on me because I didnt know she was going to be there, she just ended up tackling me into the wall haha. President pulled an April fools prank on us during transfers as well. He told us all the mission was splitting. EVERYONE flipped out. It was hilarious. He cracks me up.
Conference WAS incredible. Oh my heck I loved it so much. I loved Bednar's talk on spiritual traction as well as Ballards on missionary work (of course). I was thinking about you guys the whole time!! I just love and miss you so much. Glad everyone is doing so well. Missionary work is the best. Working hard and tryin to do ya proud!! LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment