Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TRAINS & MUSEUMS!! EMAIL 3/18/2014

SISTERS MEET DINOSAURS!




FAMILIA!!!
Boy do I miss you :) I just spent the whole day with a sister who is going home in two weeks and it made me a bit trunky. so i miss you haha.  Sounds like things are going great at home. Amazing stories from that elder... awesome. I'm living in an apartment.. it is nice! no worries. We have a washer and dryer in it so we are super spoiled. It has been an elders apartment for a long time so it is a bit gross but hey its a place to live haha.
Another beautiful week over in Tome! I cannot BELIEVE its week 5 of the transfer already!! This past week we had zone conference! I learned a lot and it was so fun being able to see a bunch of missionaries I have never met before. Remember when I said I had to give the 5 minute talk at my first zone conference all in Spanish? Yeah.. I had to do it AGAIN!! apparently Heavenly Father wants me to get over my fear of public speaking. I know missionaries who haven't had to do it their entire mission and I have already done it twice! crazy. good learning experience though! I got a lot of compliments on my Spanish too which is slowly getting better. 
We have seen a few big miracles this week. One day we were out in the middle of nowhere as usual and there was a man outside working on his truck. we stopped to talk to him and he said he didnt live there but his sister might be interested. So we decided to go back a couple days later. We knocked twice, no one answered. Usually we turn around but we felt prompted to knock a third time. A woman came to the door with a baby on her hip. We told her who we were and that her brother said she would like to hear the message and immediately she said "pasenle!" (come in!) We looked at each other shocked. Went in, sat down, taught the whole first lesson, set another appointment, and she said she would be baptized if she receives an answer that the Book of Mormon is true. Amazing. Its so cool how Heavenly Father leads us to those that are prepared for the gospel. 
Today we took a train into Albuquerque to go to a museum!! it was sooo much fun!! We went to a children s museum, a dinosaur museum, and "grossology". It was a blast.. especially the train ride too. It was so weird being back in a big city again. Although it is nice to be back home in our little town of Belen.  Sorry this email is so short.. we got back late so I dont have much time. BUT. The church is true. the mission is incredible. AND I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment