Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

SPANISH TONGUE TWISTERS!! EMAIL 3/25/14

HOLY COW HAVE A TUMBLE WEED!!

MORE MUSEUM PICS


A FUN P-DAY HIKE







Oh boy I don't even know where to begin! Remember that story I told last week about the woman named Lady who we taught the whole first lesson and she accepted a baptismal invite in the first lesson?? So we went back and she had read 8 chapters in the Book of Mormon!! She is planning on being baptized in April and she is AMAZING. All of this happened just over a week. So beautiful. We are going to have dinner with her and her husband on Wednesday. We are really excited to meet him.
We did a lot of contacting this week and walked a bunch. Its been really nice weather-wise here. Its always interesting talking to people in the streets because you always meet some crazies. We also were able to go to  a wedding which was super super fun! It was the recent convert of the missionaries in the Belen ward (English). She married a man in the ward and they are already planning on getting sealed in a year! It was just amazing to see that kind of growth and progression in a convert. It was a nice country wedding, she is a horse trainer. Brynna would love her. 
I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time this morning! Really exciting. Also hit 8 months! Cant believe how fast time is flying. Transfers are NEXT WEEK. Pretty sure I'm going to stay and Hermana Mitchell will leave but we can never be 100% sure. I'm a bit nervous to take over the area after being out here only one transfer but I know heavenly father will qualify me! I would wait to send the package probably.. just in case. Unless you send it like today. We are going on exchanges tonight with the English sisters. That will be exciting considering all our lessons will be in Spanish and so I will probably be teaching all by myself!
I love working with the people here. They are so amazing. especially the kids too :) I taught Ofelia "trit trot to market" the other day and we are always playing with the little kids. They yell "MAXWELL!!" and run to me and I spin them around as high as I can. I feel like an unexpected side effect from the mission is learning a little bit about how to parent. A lot of Mexicans don't discipline their kids very well so we find ourselves helping them break up little fights and teaching the kids about how to be nice. I'm learning more than I ever thought I would about EVERYTHING. I love this so so much. Not all the time, because its hard, but the good always outweighs the bad. Always. Learned how to make chile rellenos the other day as well as how to say some Spanish tongue twisters :) "tres tristes tigres tragaban trigo en un trigal" say that 5 times fast. 
I cant wait to get home and keep up the same habits I've developed out here and start doing missionary work at home too! I love you all so so much.  I AM learning a ton and there is no better place for me to be serving. Heavenly father knows us so well!
Hermana Maxwell 

No comments:

Post a Comment